Thursday, January 26, 2012

Reflection

Yesterday I heard the news that a friend is closing her business. She and I have talked a lot over the past several months about what I went through with closing Lifetime Moments two years ago (we didn't know each other then!), and while I knew it was a path she might have to be taking as well, I was still surprised by the news. It is so hard to lose something that you have created from the ground up, taken leaps of faith for, shed blood, sweat, and tears over. She has been passionate about her business and her heart has been in everything she has done for her customers, and yet here she is walking down that path. My heart breaks for her.

It is so strange to think that that was where I was two years ago. I can see now what a dark time it was for me in my life, but also that it truly opened a new door for me as well. People don't really seem to get it when I say that losing the business was one of the best things that happened to me, but it truly was. I am living my life as a different person today, and so much happier. I can only hope for my friend that she finds a light at the end of the tunnel as well and that two years from now she can also look back and reflect with peace on her decision of closing that chapter of her life. In the meantime, I'll be sad for her, and sad for the local community losing a wonderful resource.

1 comment:

  1. I know losing LM has lead to many wonderful things for you, but we still miss the community that we had. Some days I feel guilty missing LM because I know it wasn't good for you. Does that make sense? Wish it didn't have to be either/or. But I'd rather worry about where to get the latest scrap supply than about your health and well-being!

    ReplyDelete