Monday, January 16, 2012

Red Everything Smoothie

I've been doing a lot of juicing the past couple weeks, with a few smoothies thrown in there. This morning seemed like a smoothie was in order, in the interest of saving time and getting in some extra protein and fiber. Everything went in the vitamix in 3 minutes flat!



Red Everything Smoothie
serves 2 (4 cups)

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium beet, scrubbed and roughly chopped
  • beet greens from beet
  • 1 1/2 cups red cabbage (I just eyed it and cut off a chunk)
  • 1 cup frozen sweet red cherries
  • 1 red pear
  • 2 cups water
  • handful of ice cubes
  • dash cinnamon
  • 1 TB chia seeds (usually I use 2 but I just ran out!)
  • 3 TB Hemp Protein powder
  • 1/2 tsp wheatgrass powder

Next time I might add in a banana or 1/2 avocado for some added creaminess

1 comment:

  1. I really like beets, I should try adding them to smoothies some time. :)

    ReplyDelete