Light Pumpkin Pie Custard
makes 2 large ramekins or 4 small
- 1/2 cup original almond milk (or you can use skim milk)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 egg whites
- 2 1/2 TB sugar
- heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- For large ramekins, pour 1 TB maple syrup into bottom of each and swirl to coat. For small ramekins, use 1/2 TB each.
- Whisk together egg, egg whites and sugar. Add pumpkin, vanilla, salt and spices. Gently whisk in milk. Pour equally into ramekins.
- Place ramekins into a baking dish (I used a glass pyrex 13x9 pan) and fill with boiling water until 1/4 of the side of the ramekins are covered.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes (for large ramekins) or 45-55 minutes (for small ramekins). They are done when the middle of the custard is set and does not wiggle when lightly tapped. Let cool completely, cover and store in refrigerator (that is if any actually make it to the refrigerator!). We enjoyed them while still warm, but they'd be just as yummy cold I'm sure!