Watercress Salad with Sardines and Clementines
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 TB olive oil
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups watercress sprigs (I used the whole bunch I had bought)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TB fresh tarragon (this was 2 large sprigs for me, I removed the leaves and chopped them)
- 2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 1 4oz can olive oil wild-caught pacific sardines, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Whisk lemon zest and juice with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pepitas in a small dry skillet and toast over a medium-high heat.
- Combine watercress, red onion and tarragon in a medium bowl. Add in vinaigrette and toss well. Divide onto two salad plates.
- Top with clementine sections, sardines and pepitas. Season with salt and pepper.