Pineapple Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup pineapple
- 3 TB soy sauce or bragg's liquid aminos
- 1 1/2 TB Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (I didn't have any fresh, or else I would have used that)
- 1 cup edamame (shelled)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups pineapple in small chunks
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- fresh ground pepper
- cashews, toasted (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 TB mirin
- 1 TB soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Puree 1 cup of pineapple in your blender with 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup quinoa to a small saucepan. Measure out 2 cups of the pineapple/water mixture. Add more water if necessary to reach 2 cups. Add in 3 TB soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes with lid on pan.
- Add 1 1/2 TB sesame oil to a wok or cast iron skillet on high heat. Add in garlic and green onions. Season with cayenne pepper and ground ginger (or add in 1 inch grated fresh ginger). Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine all veggies in pan and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Add quinoa into pan and stir well. Add in pineapple. Mix 3 TB mirin with 1 TB soy sauce/Bragg's Liquid Aminos and pour over mixture. Mix well until pineapple is heated through.
- Serve with toasted cashews or sesame seeds on top.