Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fractured!


Could timing be much worse? This is my first broken bone of any kind. Apparently that loud crack I heard when I fell out of headstand Sunday morning in class was a small fracture near my right index finger knuckle. Had xrays for the first time too (well other than dental). 4 weeks with this splint. Thankfully the Dr told me that I could do yoga as long as I have the splint on to prevent the finger from going backward. It's a little swollen but I'm not in any pain.

I went to yoga tonight and was thankful that Cheryl pushed me to not use this as an excuse to either back off or be afraid. I even did one wheel and did a tripod headstand (at the wall) for the first time. Keeping the right pressure in my hands in downward dog and not going into my wrists seems to be the most awkward. 

I've spent the evening reading up on nutrition to help heal broken bones. Leafy greens, broccoli, fish, yogurt, nuts. All on the menu. Thankfully that's how Ive been eating!

I'm a little bummed still because I wanted to be at my top shape in 10 days to get the most out of the weekend, but am trying to make the best of it and look for other ways I can learn about my practice and focus on other aspects of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment