Hearty Broccoli Soup
makes about 6 cups or 4 servings
- 1 1b broccoli florets
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 TB pine nuts, toasted
- Steam broccoli until tender and bright green, about 4 minutes. Let cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup small florets for serving garnish.
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Saute onion for about 6 minutes until translucent. Add in garlic and saute another minute.
- Add beans, stock and water and bring to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add broccoli.
- Blend soup in your Vitamix (or use an immersion blender) until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish each bowl with broccoli florets and toasted pine nuts.