Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sweet Potato, Celery & Apple Salad

Today starts our first day doing the Whole Living 21 day detox. I have planned and shopped for the first week. Lunch today was delicious - but I was skeptical as I chopped and julienned a raw sweet potato. I will say this salad took me 45 minutes to chop everything for it, but as I ate, I was thankful for taking the time to do it! Recipe followed exactly, then added a sprinkle of Hemp Seeds on top before serving for some extra protein.



Sweet Potato, Celery & Apple Salad
serves 4

Ingredients:

  • 2 TB lemon juice
  • 1 TB freshly grated ginger
  • 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
  • coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 small sweet potato, peeled and finely julienned (2 cups)
  • 1 tart apple (I used Granny Smith), cored and finely julienned
  • 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 3 radishes, finely julienned
  • 3 TB toasted sesame seeds
  • 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 TB hemp seeds


Directions:

  1. In a small bowl whisk lemon juice, ginger, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato, apple, celery, green onions, radishes, sesame seeds and cilantro.
  3. Drizzle dressing over salad and mix well. Divine onto 4 plates, sprinkle hemp seeds. Season with salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment