Today just seemed like a good one for pasta. I also had a bunch of mushrooms in the fridge that needed to be used and a bag of shallots on borrowed time, so this recipe was born! It was much enjoyed tonight and I’m excited to have it again for lunch tomorrow!
- 1 bag wild mushroom fettuccine by Al Dente Pasta
- 2.5 cups chopped baby portabella mushrooms
- 8 shallots chopped into fourths
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 TB extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 4 TB plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly shredded
- fresh ground black pepper (about 1/2 tsp)
- sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Spike seasoning
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Chop & prepare all veggies
- Bring pot of water to a boil and cook pasta at the same time as veggies
- Heat 1 TB olive oil in large skillet. Saute shallots until softened. Remove from pan.
- Heat 2 TB olive oil in large skillet. Add chopped mushrooms and a large pinch of sea salt. Saute until mushrooms start to brown and release liquid.
- Add in minced garlic cloves and mix for about 30 seconds. Add shallots back in and combine. Remove from heat. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mushroom mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
- When pasta is drained, add pasta into large skillet and combine with mushroom mixture. Add in spices, cheese, lemon juice, 2 TB olive oil and greek yogurt. Mix well.
- Divide onto plates and add reserved mushroom mixture on top.
Note: if you have some fresh basil or italian parsley, they would make nice additions here as well.