Perfect for a chilly ‘almost-summer’ morning in Michigan!
I’ve seen a few variations of these on food blogs and decided this morning would be perfect for one and quick to make. This is a flexible recipe you can add other things that sound good or subtract what you don’t have on hand. Just try to keep the same liquid/dry ratio.
Banana Oat Breakfast Cake
- 1/2 large banana or 3/4 small banana, mashed
- 3 TB dry old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 TB brown sugar (you can play with this, I used less and might try substituting honey next time and upping the oats)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1 TB coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 TB walnuts
- Mash banana in small bowl
- Add all other ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Spray a small clean microwave safe bowl with nonstick spray
- Place mixed ingredients in bowl and distribute evenly
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Take out and let it cool for a minute.
- I then flipped it out onto a small plate and put 1 TB almond butter on top. mmmm!!