Saturday, June 4, 2011

Garlic Roasted Shrimp and Swiss Chard Pasta

Earlier this week I’d bought a beautiful bunch of swiss chard. Other than having it in mixed baby greens, I’ve never cooked with it before today. I was in the mood for shrimp and Thad wanted pasta, so there dinner was born!

Garlic Roasted Shrimp and Swiss Chard Pasta

serves 3

Ingredients:

  • 36 shrimp (I used pre-cooked tail off shrimp from Costco that I had in my freezer)
  • 1 large bunch of swiss chard
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 small onions
  • 1/2 package Al Dente Spicy Sesame Linguine
  • salt to taste
  • 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese

Directions:

  1. Bring pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package.
  2. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
  3. Peel and slice garlic cloves. Chop onions. Chop swiss chard leaves (not stems). Place all in a large bowl with shrimp. Pour in olive oil, season with salt and hot pepper flakes. Combine well.
  4. Spread mixture on large baking pan. I use my Pampered Chef large bar pan.
  5. Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes.
  6. Remove from pan and mix with pasta. Stir in cheese and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment