- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayo (I use light canola oil mayo from Whole Foods)
- 2 TB sweet pickle relish
- 1 TB chopped shallots
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (I use Sriracha Rooster hot sauce)
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (I use Costco's frozen shrimp, precooked and tail off)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt free cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine (I used mixed baby greens instead)
- 8 thin slices tomato
- small white onion
- Slice white onion in thin rings. Cook them in a nonstick pan with a little oil to softened, lightly brown. Remove from heat and set aside in a small bowl.
- Combine mayo, relish, shallots, capers, hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- Combine shrimp & cajun seasoning in a bowl, toss well.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add olive oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add shrimp to pan, cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Cut each roll in half horizontally. Spray with canola or olive oil and toast either in the oven or on a flat nonstick skillet.
- Top bottom half of each rol with lettuce, tomato, onion and 1/4 of the shrimp. Spread top half of each roll with about 2 TB of the sauce. Place on top of sandwich.
I would say this is very approximate as your rolls will vary as well as the type of mayo you use, but it is still a good estimate: 401 calories, 12g fat, 172mg cholesterol, 152mg calcium, 44g carb, 30.7g protein, 2.7g fiber, 4.4mg iron