Sunday, March 20, 2011

Linguine with Shrimp & Sun Dried Tomatoes

A delicious combination of flavors, this was also an easy dish to prepare. This is from Cooking Light, April 1997. I adapted it slightly. Next time I'll also cut up the olives to spread it around a bit more.



Linguine with Shrimp & Sun Dried Tomatoes
serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 ounces sundried tomatoes, packed without oil
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 5 oz uncooked linguine (I used Al Dente Carba-Nada Roasted Garlic Fettucine)
  • cooking spray
  • 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used frozen precooked no tail shrimp from Costco)
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine (I substituted vegetable broth because I didn't have any white wine)
  • 3 TB lemon juice
  • 1 TB capers
  • 1 TB olive oil
  • 3/4 tsp italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 16 small black pitted olives
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan

Directions:
  1. Combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes, and drain well. Slice thinly, and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; set aside.
  2. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp and green onions; saute until shrimp are heated (or cooked if using raw shrimp, about 5 minutes). Add sun-dried tomatoes, wine (or broth) and next ingredients through garlic; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove shrimp mixture from heat, and add cooked pasta; toss well. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition:
376 calories (28% from fat), 11g fat, 4.8mg iron, 140mg cholesterol, 294mg calcium, 37.9 carbs, 927mg sodium, 30g protein, 1.8g fiber

2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious. I'm going to try this as soon as I get the courage to go to Costco. I try to avoid the place as I usually can't make it out of there with less than $200.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my best to go with a list (and to go alone!). :)

    ReplyDelete