This recipe came from a food blog, I don't even remember whether I saw it on Tastespotting or it was linked from another site - but I'm glad I found it either way!
Farro Roasted Veggie Salad
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- fresh thyme leaves from 2 small sprigs
- baby spinach
- 2 ounces crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss mushrooms, tomatoes and shallots on baking sheet with 1/2 TB Olive oil, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and browned. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile combine 1/2 cup uncooked farro with 1 1/2 cups water, 1/4 tsp salt in a small pot. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add roasted veggies, balsamic vinegar and thyme to bowl with farro. Add 1/2 TB olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and several grinds of ground pepper. Toss gently.
- Pile a handful of spinach on each plate. Top with a scoop of the mixture and sprinkle with the crumbled feta. Enjoy!