Broiled Tilapia with Fresh Herbs, Mushrooms and Tomatoes
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
4 garlic cloves
2 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 TB fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
12 baby bella mushrooms
4 (4oz) tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
2 cups grape tomatoes
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil or canola spray (I use my Pampered Chef large bar pan)
- Place basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in food processor and process until uniformly chopped and well combined.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms. (I saved them to throw on a stir fry the next night). Fill each mushroom cap with 1/4 tsp of the herb mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Arrange tilapia on baking sheet and spread herb mixture over them. Flip and spread the remaining mixture, making sure they are completely covered. Scatter the tomatoes around the fish.
- NOTE: this is where I got to in the photo. I then covered the sheet in foil and stuck in the fridge so that I could just throw in the oven when I got home from class.
- Arrange rack in oven 6 inches from broiler. Preheat broiler.
- Broil until the fish is firm and flakes easily - about 10 minutes. Place 1 tilapia, 3 mushrooms and some tomatoes on each plate and serve. (I added a side of brown rice as well that I had cooked earlier in the day).
237 calories, 13g fat, 25g protein, 6.6g carbs, 132mg sodium (not including brown rice)
I didn't get a photo after it was broiled and plated - we were too hungry and I forgot! It was very flavorful and a nice light dinner to have when it's a late evening. I will definitely make again.