Avocado Pesto over Linguine
- 2 avocados
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB fresh shredded parmesan
- 8oz Al Dente Pasta Egg Linguine (2/3 package)
- Bring water to boil in large pot. Add in pasta, cook for 3 minutes. Drain and plate the pasta portions.
- In food processor, process the garlic cloves, lemon juice and olive oil until smooth. Add in the avocado, basil and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. (note: if you don't want the sauce to be thick, you could add in some water to thin it down).
- Spoon sauce onto pasta on each plate, grind black pepper and sprinkle 1/2 TB parmesan over each plate.
468 calories, 26g fat, 31mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 493mg potassium, 51g carbs, 8.2 fiber, 1.5g sugars, 11g protein.