Salmon, Spinach, Zucchini, Feta Salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 TB canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 fillets grilled salmon
- Toast the walnuts in a skillet on med-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 TB canola oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add in garlic and zucchini. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Add to large bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa, baby spinach, and green onions to large bowl. Drizzle with 2 TB olive oil, 1 TB lemon juice, salt and pepper. (I used some Herbamare instead of salt). Sprinkle the parsley, combine gently.
- Add feta, combine gently. Serve on plates, top with chunks of salmon. Adjust seasoning to taste.
This recipe is slightly adapted from one found on the Tastespotting blog.