7:30am Breakfast - smoothie with 1 cup frozen mango, 1 frozen banana, 6 fresh strawberries, water, 1 tsp coconut oil
11:00am Snack - 1 banana
12:30pm Lunch - Avocado Strawberry Fruit Salad mix of 1 avocado diced, 6 strawberries sliced, 3 cherry tomatoes diced, 8 red grapes, 1/2 red pepper diced, 1/2 orange pepper diced, 1 tsp lime juice, a little cayenne pepper and salt
2:00pm Snack - 2 clementines, handful red grapes
5:00pm Snack - smoothie with 1 frozen banana, handful of red grapes, 1 small green apple
8:45pm Dinner - raw zucchini noodles with avocado pesto - 1 zucchini, 1 avocado, garlic, olive oil, salt, basil
9:30pm Snack - frozen banana soft serve - 1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen mango, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, topped with unsweetened coconut shreds and a TB of goji berries
I really enjoyed my lunch! Here's the recipe, I adapted it from another I'd seen for Avocado Strawberry Salad stuffed in a red pepper.
Avocado Strawberry Fruit Salad
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 8 red grapes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- dash cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- chop everything up, combine well and enjoy!
Dinner was delicious!! I suppose we stretched the fruit fast a bit to include some garlic and basil though. It was worth it. Still feeling light! This pesto was adapted from a recipe from ohsheglows.com
Raw Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Pesto
- 1 medium zucchini spiral sliced (you could use a vegetable peeler and make thin flat noodles if you dont have a spiral slicer.
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Place the garlic cloves, lemon juice and olive oil in food processor, process til smooth.
- Add in the avocado, basil and salt, process til smooth and creamy. Add in water if too thick.
- Pour sauce onto noodles, garnish with chopped cherry tomatoes.