10:30am Snack - 1 banana
12:00pm Lunch - same as yesterday! Strawberry Avocado Salad
3:00pm Snack - 1 cara cara orange
5:15pm Snack - smoothie with green apple, mango, a little coconut milk
7:45pm Snack - 2 clementines
9:00pm Dinner - Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Sounds like a strange combination, doesn't it? I actually went searching to find a recipe with Avocado and Watermelon, as it just sounded like those two might be able to go together. Well, I even found one with Tomatoes and Cucumber in it too! Thad really liked this recipe. I actually think I would have liked it better without the balsamic/oil dressing or with just a little lime juice instead.
Tomato and Watermelon Salad
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup watermelon, chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 small avocados, diced
- 1 TB mixed fresh herbs - I used basil and cilantro
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 TB olive oil
- 1 1/2 TB balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, avocado, herbs and coriander. Mix gently.
- Whisk olive oil and balsamic vinegar together, add salt and pepper
- Pour over salad, mix gently, serve!
Slightly adapted from this recipe on Epicurious