With a large bunch of greens from Stone Coop Farm's hoop house last week I decided a quick frittata for dinner would be a great way to start using them. Turned out delicious!
Swiss Chard Mushroom Frittata
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- dried or fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 TB canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large bunch swiss chard - chopped - separate stems from leaves.
- Heat 1 TB canola oil in a cast iron skillet. Add in garlic and red bell pepper and stems of swiss chard, saute for 1 minute. Add in baby bella mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together.
- Add in chopped swiss chard leaves and combine with veggies, cover with lid if necessary to help them wilt. Mix well. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour in eggs, sprinkle with 1 TB nutritional yeast. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes. Throw in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes to help brown the top a little.