So it all started with half an avocado. That's how many of my lunches begin - with one ingredient! I have been using grapefruits this week in my smoothies and doing a quick search online, saw grapefruit and avocado combined in several recipes. And so, at 10pm last night, today's lunch was born!
Grapefruit Avocado Spinach Salad
- 1/2 pink grapefruit, sectioned, each section cut in half
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 shallot, sliced thinly
- 3 cups baby spinach (or however much you'd like)
- 1/2 TB pepitas
- 1/2 TB pine nuts (toasted if you have time, I didn't)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB juice from pink grapefruit
- 1 tsp honey
- fresh ground salt and pepper
355calories, 18.5gfat (2.2 saturated, 3.4 polyunsaturated, 10.2 monounsaturated), 83.4mg sodium, 526.8mg potassium, 44.5g carbs, 8.6g fiber, 8.8g sugar, 7.8g protein.
high in vitamin A, C, manganese, iron, phosphorus, riboflavin
note: measure out your nuts! they add up quickly.