Thursday, March 15, 2012

First paycheck!

Woo hoo! It's been a couple weeks at my new job and today was my first paycheck. What a great feeling! I've reflected a lot the past month about how I've undergone this process over the past couple years that led to where I am today - I vividly remember even months ago thinking I would rather work part time and have more flexibility. It was the right time for me now to get back into a full time job and I'm enjoying it. And we are looking forward to being able to save some money too!

Today we had an internal open house that I helped coordinate - sorta practice trade show tables for the different products, presented by sales staff. It was a great opportunity to really learn what the products do and how they interact. Not having an engineering background, it has been a lot to wrap my head around. There's some incredibly smart and dedicated people I work with who clearly enjoy what they do and several were patient and happy to explain the products to me. Definitely feeling more grounded now! :)

So far I now have at least 1 show I'll get to travel for to Huntington Beach, CA in late August. Hoping for more!!


1 comment:

  1. I have had moments in my life where things just fall into place and feel so right. I sense that is where you are right now. Congratulations! Enjoy this time in your life!

    ReplyDelete