Peanut Butter Apple Sandwich goodness
- 1 organic apple - honeycrisp, fuji, empire, etc.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TB natural peanut butter
- 2 TB Better n Peanut Butter (sold at Trader Joe's) (or make equivalent of PB2 - I bought on Amazon)
- Core apple and slice/chop roughly. (I don't peel, but I do use organic). Put in food processor and pulse a few times. You don't want to make applesauce, but you want small pieces of apple.
- add in cinnamon, chia seeds, vanilla extract, both peanut butters
- pulse in food processor until well combined. If may be a little runny but will thicken up overnight. If it's really runny, add in a little more peanut butter.
- Spread on yummy bread! My current favorite is a sunflower seed wheat flax bread from a local bakery, Blue Apron. This makes two generous sandwiches.
- Refrigerate sandwich overnight. SO yummy cold, you'll be sad your lunch is over. I know I am!