Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuna Salad Salad

In other words, not a tuna salad sandwich!

I'm going to try to get back into posting recipes more often and hopefully then I'll have more of a quick reference of ideas. Now that I get up at 6 for work I've found I need to have my lunch prepared and packed the night before. I haven't done a lot of planning but have had some yummy lunches! Most have been made by combining what sounds good in the fridge, a few from recipes I search for and then adapt according to what I actually have.

Excuse the crappy photo, I thought to take a picture as I was almost done with lunch. So, sadly, this is all you can see, so just imagine!

Tuna Salad Salad
Serves 2



Ingredients:
  • 1 can albacore tuna in water
  • 1/3 cup chick peas
  • 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half or fourths
  • 5 leaves of curly kale, torn in small pieces
  • 1 TB olive oil
  • 1 TB lemon juice
  • onion salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
  • 1 TB canola oil light mayo
  • 2 stalks celery diced small
Directions:
  1. Tear kale, combine with olive oil and massage until slightly wilted.
  2. Drain tuna, pull apart with a fork and throw in bowl.
  3. Add halved grape tomatoes, diced celery, chick peas
  4. Add lemon juice and mayo
  5. season to taste
  6. Mix well, divide into servings and enjoy the next day for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment