I'm going to try to get back into posting recipes more often and hopefully then I'll have more of a quick reference of ideas. Now that I get up at 6 for work I've found I need to have my lunch prepared and packed the night before. I haven't done a lot of planning but have had some yummy lunches! Most have been made by combining what sounds good in the fridge, a few from recipes I search for and then adapt according to what I actually have.
Excuse the crappy photo, I thought to take a picture as I was almost done with lunch. So, sadly, this is all you can see, so just imagine!
Tuna Salad Salad
- 1 can albacore tuna in water
- 1/3 cup chick peas
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half or fourths
- 5 leaves of curly kale, torn in small pieces
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB lemon juice
- onion salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- 1 TB canola oil light mayo
- 2 stalks celery diced small
- Tear kale, combine with olive oil and massage until slightly wilted.
- Drain tuna, pull apart with a fork and throw in bowl.
- Add halved grape tomatoes, diced celery, chick peas
- Add lemon juice and mayo
- season to taste
- Mix well, divide into servings and enjoy the next day for lunch!