Zucchini Basil Soup
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped (about 1 1/4lb)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan heat oil over med-low. Saute onion until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and lemon juice, cover the pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, salt and pepper to taste and simmer partially covered until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove thyme stems. Pour soup into blender along with chopped basil and add milk slowly. Puree and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.