Caramel Apple Bars
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or blend 1 apple in Vitamix, which is what I did with her suggestion)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples, diced and peeled
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (ice cream topping caramel sauce works! I used Sanders')
- Combine applesauce, peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add oats, sugars, cinnamon and vanilla and stir. Fold in diced apples, white chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts.
- Spread batter (very moist) into a foil lined and sprayed 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. The bars may still look a little underdone but they will set up as they cool. They'll be bubbling rapidly. Let bubbling stop (about 5 min) and then carefully drizzle caramel sauce over top. Allow to cool completely before slicing. You might even put in freezer for 15-30 minutes to speed it along. Slice into bars. Store extras in fridge or freezer in airtight container. I divided layers with wax paper as the caramel sauce stays soft.