This recipe came together based on what I had in the fridge and what sounded good together to me. Figured I’d better write it down after I just devoured a bowlful!
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes – 1/2inch
- 1 cup turnip cubes – 1/2 inch
- 1-2 cups baby portabella mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 2 stalks curly kale shredded
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz can tomatoes (I used whole and chopped them)
- 1/2-1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Toss squash, mushrooms and turnips with 1/2 TB olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 TB olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Saute onions until transparent. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, cayenne pepper and kale. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Reduce to simmer and allow kale to wilt, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in cannellini beans, mushrooms, turnips and squash. Combine well. Add in cooked quinoa. Combine. Serve and enjoy!