makes 12 square waffles on my Cuisinart waffle maker
- 3 cups unbleached white ultra grain flour (something new I bought at Costco and have been using in all my baking this month)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Sucanat (you could use brown sugar)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (you could use almond milk or any kind of milk)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Preheat waffle iron
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In your stand mixer bowl, beat the eggs and Sucanat until they are fluffy. Next beat in the pumpkin, buttermilk, molasses, and melted butter.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the mixture until just moist. Do not overstir.
- Spray your waffle iron with nonstick spray or brush a little butter. Use a 1/2 cup measurer to scoop mix into each square on iron. It will be thick, I used the back of a wooden spoon to spread it out. Cook until crisp/browned.
- Serve with toppings of your choice - I used walnuts, butter and 100% maple syrup.