serves 6 (about 1 1/2 cups each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels or frozen
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook your brown rice if you do not have some already cooked. I used 3/4 cup dry to get 1 1/2 cup cooked.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and corn; cook, stirring, until the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Coarsely chop 1 tomato. Add it to the pan along with rice, beans, chili powder, 1 teaspoon oregano 1/2 tsp coriander and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomato cooks down, about 5 minutes.