I didn't have tahini, so I took my friend's tip and soaked 2 TB of sesame seeds in water for an hour before I made the hummus and included them in the mix instead. Using a food processor keeps it with a bit of texture, but I'm sure a high powered blender would make this really smooth!
This recipe is from the May issue of Whole Living Magazine.
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; run under cold water.
- In food processor, pulse peas, cilantro, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin 30 to 40 seconds. Season with salt.