Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Strawberry Pesto Pasta Salad

One of my favorite blogs (katheats.com) featured this salad recently and I instantly knew I had to try it out! Thad was a little wary of a salad being our entire dinner, but in the end he loved it so much he contemplated having another plate of it, til he realized that meant he wouldn't get to have it again for lunch tomorrow! I'd say that equals a rave review. Only slight adjustments made to Kath's recipe.

Strawberry Pesto Pasta Salad

serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package (I used whole grain shells)
  • 1 cup strawberries, washed + sliced
  • 1 small cucumber, cubed
  • 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/3 cup pesto (I used some from Trader Joe's I had in the pantry)
  • Mixed Baby Greens 
  • Goat Cheese
  • Walnuts
  • Fresh Basil (optional) - I didn't have but Kath used and I'm sure it would add just the right touch!
Directions:

  1. Toss first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
  2. Chill for 30 minutes or longer.
  3. Serve over greens.(note - Kath massaged the greens first with 2 tsp olive oil & 1 tsp kosher salt)
  4. Add fresh basil, goat cheese & walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment