I’ve made a few different recipes of black bean burgers, but this one is my favorite – it sticks together well and stays firm. And of course, all kinds of good for you ingredients!
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- 1-2 TB olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 TB ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Add the oats and seeds to food processor and grind until coarsely chopped. Let it run for roughly 10 seconds.
- Grate the carrots and add to mixture in food processor.
- Add 3/4 of the beans, all the spices, flax seed and 1 TB olive oil.
- Process until mixed thoroughly. You may need to add another TB of olive oil. You will know it is the right consistency when it starts balling up in the food processor as it mixes. Add drops of water until it does.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and gently fold in the remaining beans.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray (I use my Pampered Chef bar pan).
- Wet your hands and using a 1/3 cup measuring cup measure out and form each patty.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes, turning once in the middle.
This batch made 8 patties for me. They keep and reheat well for days!