Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Attitude is Everything

Izzie and I went for a 4 mile walk at Kensington this morning - we had been going every morning but the past couple weeks have been so busy we were skipping it. I'm so glad we went today! It's so tranquil to be out there in the morning with the sun rising over the water. I also have found that it's a great time to just slow down a bit and be able to be introspective.

There are so many things that have been going on in my life right now that I could be upset about or stressed over, but I've decided not to. Yes, it was a conscious decision. I had to really think about what stress was doing to me physically, mentally and emotionally and decide that it was more important to put myself first and find happiness in that. Giving myself that freedom is what made it an easy decision to not let stress rule my life, to accept that there are things that can't be changed, but how I look at them can be. Attitude really is everything and it's what gets me through the challenges we've experienced and I know will get me through the ones to come. A year ago I could not have said any of these things as I had not learned this yet about myself. What a blessing in disguise in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment