After searching through a lot of blogs and recipes, I came across one to base my salad on, a "CSA Salad with lime ginger dressing". I made some changes and additions, so here's my version, which made a really wonderful lunch salad! I even brought one to work for a friend to enjoy too.
Asian Shrimp Salad Turnip Salad
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small thumb fresh ginger
- Juice of 1 large lime (or about 3 TB)
- 2 TB Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 TB toasted sesame oil (be specific on this, it has amazing flavor!)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- fresh mixed salad greens
- 3 salad turnips (young turnips, you don't need to peel, just cut off root and greens), sliced thin and then chopped into strips with mandolin
- 3 carrots sliced very thin with mandolin
- 1/2 english cucumber sliced very thin with mandolin, then sliced in half
- 3 TB black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 cooked, tail-off shrimp per serving
- Throw all dressing ingredients in blender or food processor and blend well.
- Slice and chop all veggies, mix with salad greens.
- Add in cooked quinoa, gently mix.
- Plate salad portions, drizzle with salad dressing, mix gently.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and add in shrimp on top.