Zucchini from the farmers market has been sitting in the fridge since Wednesday – one reason or another our grilling plans kept getting pushed off. Thad suggested making zucchini pancakes when I told him they were kinda past their prime to be grilled. So I went searching tastespotting.com for some recipes. I found two recipes and merged them to make my own. Delicious!
- 4 sm/med zucchini (4 cups shredded)
- 1 large red potato (2 cups shredded)
- 2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper & Spike seasoning to taste
- Using food processor, shred zucchini and potato. squeeze between paper towel and roll in paper towel to absorb moisture
- Mix together with remaining ingredients and combine well. Add more breadcrumbs as needed so mixture is not too wet and holds together.
- Using a cookie scoop (I used my pampered chef large cookie scoop), drop onto a sprayed griddle pan at medium heat, and spread flat with back of spatula. cook each side 1-1 1/2 minutes.
- Enjoy! We had with black bean burgers and fresh corn on the cob.