Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quinoa Berry Salad

Thad is out of town for 10 days and so I’m on my own for meals. So I decided to make life easy and whipped up a big batch of quinoa a couple days ago to mix in with things all week. I’ve made two different lunch salads with quinoa and fresh veggies and herbs from the garden, and this morning I just chopped up a bunch of berries to make this quinoa berry salad I saw on the Oh She Glows website. I can’t wait for lunch – I have both a quinoa cannellini bean salad and this berry salad waiting for me! I must admit I’ve already had a big spoonful of the berry salad and it was delicious! So delicious I knew I had to blog about it so the recipe would not be forever forgotten.

Quinoa Berry Salad

serves 2 as a side

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1.5 cups sliced strawberries
  • 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
  • 3/4 cup cherries, pitted and sliced
  • 1 TB pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 TB lime juice
  • pinch of kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup almonds chopped

Directions:

  1. Chop fruit and place in large bowl
  2. Mix dressing ingredients (maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, salt) in a small jar
  3. Fluff quinoa, add to large bowl of fruit and combine. Pour on dressing and mix well. Serve immediately or chill in fridge until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment