Thad is out of town for 10 days and so I’m on my own for meals. So I decided to make life easy and whipped up a big batch of quinoa a couple days ago to mix in with things all week. I’ve made two different lunch salads with quinoa and fresh veggies and herbs from the garden, and this morning I just chopped up a bunch of berries to make this quinoa berry salad I saw on the Oh She Glows website. I can’t wait for lunch – I have both a quinoa cannellini bean salad and this berry salad waiting for me! I must admit I’ve already had a big spoonful of the berry salad and it was delicious! So delicious I knew I had to blog about it so the recipe would not be forever forgotten.
Quinoa Berry Salad
serves 2 as a side
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1 TB pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 TB lime juice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- Chop fruit and place in large bowl
- Mix dressing ingredients (maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, salt) in a small jar
- Fluff quinoa, add to large bowl of fruit and combine. Pour on dressing and mix well. Serve immediately or chill in fridge until ready to eat.