Monday, November 29, 2010

Each Day is a New Commitment

I was having a conversation over Facebook this morning with someone who is in a 14 week weight loss challenge group with me (we just finished week 12). She was saying she is frustrated and admires my commitment. So many in our group have gone quiet and not been participating lately and I think one of the barriers we all often run into is giving up after a disappointment or setback - it's kind of the 'all or nothing' mentality that is self-defeating. I have been there too many times to count over the years. I think that this time was just the right time for me and filled with determination I have taken a new attitude toward it, and that's what has worked. There is no quick fix. I really have learned that each and every day is a new opportunity - a new fresh commitment to weight loss and being healthy. And that's one of the things that keeps me going. Even after a .2lb gain this week! Too much mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and yummy desserts over a few days doesn't mean it's time to give up. Instead it makes it all the more meaningful that today is a new commitment, a new chance to succeed. And so I got up and went to my morning Jazzercize class and I'm making butternut squash soup for lunch. :) Now to contemplate healthier Christmas baking without sacrificing those special favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment