2012 was an incredible year that brought so many great things to my life that I had not imagined. New job, new friends and new experiences. I began my program at Institute for Integrative Nutrition to become a certified health coach, started yoga teacher training, co-organizing a large Yoga Aid fundraising event with Thad, began leading Nourish, a program focused on nutrition at the yoga studio and have found new perspectives on life.
I reflected today on my goals from the past two years. Interestingly, they all start with wanting to lose about 20-30lbs. Is it surprising that that is a goal yet again? I am very determined to get to my goal weight this year!
1. Continue to simplify our lives. We'll be moving into a condo/apartment in the next few months and I actually look forward to having less space to fill and keeping what is important in our lives. Experiences are more important to us than things and I look forward to supporting that with minimalizing our daily life as well.
2. Complete yoga teacher training, go to Baptiste Level 1 and begin teaching! :)
3. Partner with a friend and establish a health coaching practice to bring my passion for health, nutrition and bea part of transformation to others.
4. Be thoughtful about my personal goals and what in my life supports them and what I need to let go.
5. Enjoy life in the moment, spend time with family and friends.
6. Establish a regular meditation practice (even if it's a few minutes once a week), incorporate cardio weekly in my workout routine, and work toward some yoga specific goals - headstand in the middle of the room, kicking up to handstand, holding crow and working on improving my chatarunga.
7. Commit to meal planning and cooking even when I'm busy.
8. Get out on my bike more this year and try out the mountain bike trails with a friend.
9. Incorporate running more frequently! Not sure of specific goals.