makes 6 cups
- 2 cups squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onions, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Pumpkin seed oil for garnish (optional)
1. Steam or boil the pumpkin or squash until tender.
2. Sauté onions over medium heat in olive oil until translucent. Add minced garlic and sautee 1 more minute.
3. Using a high-speed blender, combine pumpkin, onions, stock, garlic, wine, maple syrup and spices and blend until smooth.
4. Warm soup in saucepan. Serve hot, garnished with pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.